New v.24 app doesn't see synced videos

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

New v.24 app doesn't see synced videos

Post by vladlev »

Hello Harry, I just upgraded my Laptimer to new v. 24 and can no longer see or select videos that I uploaded to my iPhone from my computer. The videos are in the Photo app - I can see them both in my "Videos" album and in "Sync with iPhone" album, but they are no longer visible in the Laptimer's Video List. I can see there all overlayed videos I created, and I can see all videos that were taken with the iPhone itself, but no other videos (synced with iPhone form the computer) are showing. This has worked fine with my previous version 23.0.11, and I lost it with v. 24. Please see attached two screen shots - one shows two videos I just downloaded to my iPhone (on Sep. 28th), the other one is from Video List that shows the latest videos and none of those I downloaded.
Attachments
IMG_3865.PNG
IMG_3865.PNG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2153 times
IMG_3864.PNG
IMG_3864.PNG (890.13 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New v.24 app doesn't see synced videos

Post by Harry »

What is "Sync With iPhone"? Is this a local folder or some network / cloud album?
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

This is a folder that is automatically created by iTunes to upload photos and videos to the iPhone. Any other folder can also be used to do the same, provided that it is selected in the list of folders to sync. I used to use a dedicated GoPro folder for videos, and discovered that while those videos are uploaded to the iPhone and can be seen in the Photo app, I can no longer see / select them for re-link in the Laptimer app. Everything worked just fine up until the latest update from v.23.0.11 to v.24 - now the Laptime app doesn't seem to see videos that are not in the main Camera album on iPhone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Can you move the video to the main Camera album? I add this to my list for things to test, but it will require some time. Lots to do now that iOS14 is around. Same procedure as every year. :-(

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

No, I don't see a way to move videos to the Camera album. I can move it between the albums I created, but to the one iOS is using for all Camera files.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will check if the query can be changed somehow. Actually, LapTimer uses a query asking for any video available from Photos without doing any filtering. But maybe there has been some change during the latest iOS updates I’m not aware of.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

PS. In case a move/copy is not possible within the app - you should be able to do this from your desktop using iTunes or macOS’s latest Files handling.
Image Image Image Image
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

I really don't see a way to move video files from my album to Camera album, neither on the iPhone nor in iTunes. I have not updated my phone to the new iOS version yet, I am still running iOS 13.6.1. Everything worked just fine when I was using LapTimer 23.0.11, and the only upgrade that I applied was to version 24 - no other changes! So, whatever the reason is that causes video files no longer shown in the Video List it's in this latest software update, nothing else changed on my device.
vladlev
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by vladlev »

P.S. I wish I could restore my app back to version 23.0.11 to verify this - is there a way to go back to the previous version of the app?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, that’s one way.
Image Image Image Image