9+ second delay between video and overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
thinbits
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

9+ second delay between video and overlay

Post by thinbits »

I just had my first track day and used LapTimer to record my sessions. I've discovered that all of my videos seem to have a 9.? second lag on the telemetry overlay. This is on an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.6.1, just using the phone sensors (no ODB). It was plugged into my car for power, and the car does have CarPlay, if that matters.

I've adjusted the delay in the advanced settings to the maximum of 9 per other postings in the forums, and it's almost correct now. I'd say it needs another 10th or two to be correct.

Why is there such a long lag? I had not entered all the information for my car when I made the recordings (power, torque, etc), would that have made a difference?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 9+ second delay between video and overlay

Post by Harry »

A nine seconds delay signals some device overload. It is not related to the vehicle details or any other configuration within LapTimer. I‘d suggest to restart the phone, make sure you have no background activities ongoing, and try again. Using the video delay should not be used for a situation like this. It is to compensate some reproducible timing issues with small values. Your situation should be fixed by resetting the delay and adjust the sync manually. You can find an article in the FAQ section here on the forum.

Harry
Image Image Image Image