[SOLVED] Problem in autocross mode

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Ed Hansen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

[SOLVED] Problem in autocross mode

Post by Ed Hansen »

I attended an autocross this last weekend. I set the start point and the finish point. For my first run I ran the timer successfully. I love the data it outputs. The official timer had me at 60.05 and lap timer got 60.07 more than accurate enough for me.
My problem came on the next run. I attempted to run in video mode. I advanced to the start and stopped. The staged button came up. I pressed it and no good. No matter how many times I pressed it would not trigger. I had to start my run and the unit immediately jumped to proceed to start mode. I tried 4 times and the same failure each time. I even tried licking my finger. I tried touching part of the car while pressing. I can't figure it out.

If I have a chance later in the week I will setup a parking lot scenario and see if I can replicate the problem.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem in autocross mode

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I have added this to my list of things to check. I had tested the autocross / standing start function ahead of v15 release on a parking lot myself - but without video. So in case you can reproduce this, let me know - probably best by mail.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
kuklinsk
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kuklinsk »

First of all thank you for the great app and all of your hard work!

I have been having the same problem. Harry, you and I have discussed this in the past. In video mode the staged button comes up (the one with the larger rectangle around it), but you are unable to enable it. The only solution I have been able to figure out is to hit the X on the top right to get back to the video. Then the a smaller staged button appears (without the larger rectangle around it) that you are able to enable. Unfortunately when you do this the timer starts when you it the X so there is always a few seconds already on the timer when the video starts.

Hopefully this helps you identify the problem and figure out a solution.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

kuklinsk wrote:First of all thank you for the great app and all of your hard work!

I have been having the same problem. Harry, you and I have discussed this in the past. In video mode the staged button comes up (the one with the larger rectangle around it), but you are unable to enable it. The only solution I have been able to figure out is to hit the X on the top right to get back to the video. Then the a smaller staged button appears (without the larger rectangle around it) that you are able to enable. Unfortunately when you do this the timer starts when you it the X so there is always a few seconds already on the timer when the video starts.

Hopefully this helps you identify the problem and figure out a solution.
Thanks, will check that again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jeffjanzen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jeffjanzen »

I've experienced the same problem. The "Staged" button works in regular data mode, but not in Video mode. The only way to get video recording of autocross is to start the video manually.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Will be fixed in version 15.0.4, see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=571

- Harry
Image Image Image Image