Gopro doesn't match the overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
remi13
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Gopro doesn't match the overlay

Post by remi13 »

Hi Harry and All

I'm gled to buy the GRAND PRIX edition but unfortunatelly there is some issue after first using it on track (Silesia Ring - Poland).
I made about 6 sesions on track (about 5-7 laps per sesion) using external cam (GoPro 7 black) and selecting video "phone + GoPro".

Unfortunatelly when I upload the GoPro file from the computer and re-link all session the overlay doesn't match anything either accelleration etc.
I've tried both with single laps and complete session without any good result... And I've spend hours already waisting time to enjoy the final videos with overlays..

Can you please advice what shoud I do or change?

Thanks a lot
Remi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gopro doesn't match the overlay

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that you have multiple session videos from your GoPro? Are the session videos split into chunks of 4GB size?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
remi13
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by remi13 »

Thanks for the prompt reply Harry

Yes I made multiple session videos using my GoPro 7 Black.
Yes correct, each session is a separate file of more less 4GB. During a session I do between 5-8 laps in a row and turning off the app after each session.
Then I choose the lap in your app and download the video from GoPro SD card and re-link it.
Your app choose by itself which laps are covered by the video I downloaded. Then no matter if I overlay a single lap or complete session the overlay doesn't match any lap in final video.

And I've no idea what to do to fix it..

Thanks
Remi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k, so this is what to do:
Image Image Image Image
remi13
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by remi13 »

Hi Harry and thanks for your support, however I don't need to join all sessions files to get 1 MP4 file, otherwise the file would have about 30GB and I would wait hours to export (overlaid) all laps (about 50 laps).

So for example I did 6 sessions and there is only 1 that I'm interesting to put an overlay on it. In this 1 session are for example 7 laps. So what I do is I choose one of the lap of this session in "Lap List" menu and Re-Link the video from GoPro SD card and then "export" as complete session. Once it's done it covers automatically other laps from this session.
However when I play the final overlaid video the overlay datas don't match the real timing (acceleration, speedometer, start and finish line).

Simply saying it looks like the session from GoPro has different timing than your app in the phone.

Fyi when I crossed the start line I heard the starting beep both in the phone app and GoPro in the same time so it looks like there was no issue with pairing mode of both devices.

For you to note I also fixed the GoPro files with GPS QUICK FIX (https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gop ... hero8-quik) just to make sure the GPS was OK.

Thanks again for your support
Remi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The sync point is an offset from end of a lap to the corresponding frame in a full session video. So you can use Re-Link for the first chunk of a session (and probably 1 or 2 laps), but the outer laps will require a joined video to use the built in sync mechanism. And please do not link to the HERO's SD card directly. This will not work most of the time cause the WiFi access to GoPros is flaky.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
remi13
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by remi13 »

Thanks a lot Harry!

I will do all based on your suggestions and will let you know the result.
As regards files in GoPro SD card I downloading them to your app from my laptop via cable directly to ...\Galaxy S10\Phone\Android\data\com.harrys.laptimertrainer\files\Movies

Cheers!
Remi
remi13
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by remi13 »

Hi Harry

It finally works!!! :)
Thanks a lot ;)

Just one more thing Harry,
Is there any option to set up the overlay data to show the lap time after each lap?
I mean if there are few laps in one video there is no lap time shown on the screen after finishing the lap. I think that's an important data that should be displayed on the screen.

And next, how to set up the configuration to display rpm indicator on the right bottom corner like on video below?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9m1PvwSBj0

Thanks a lot!
Remi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That's a known bug in v23. The v24 beta has this fixed already. It displays both sector and lap times 10 seconds before it is replaced by the next lap's running time again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
remi13
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by remi13 »

Great!
And how to upload it to the newest software?