OBD Expert Settings with Veepeak

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
mfischer102395
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBD Expert Settings with Veepeak

Post by mfischer102395 »

Hello,

I am having a lot fo trouble in regards to my OBD transmitter working correctly. Whenever I load the track, the app states there is an issue with the OBD rate. I have tried closing out all other apps, restarting the app, and also restarting my iPhone. I am at a loss currently and have had to resort to using Track Addict. Can someone please give me suggestions on how to fix this issue so the OBD transmitter connects properly all the time? I greatly appreciate it!

Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD Expert Settings with Veepeak

Post by Harry »

It is always good to search the forum ;-) Just try "Veepeak".
This is the workaround for the current version: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5708&p=27616&hilit=VEEPEAK#p27616
Image Image Image Image
M2C california
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by M2C california »

Hey! I’m connecting to veepeak without a problem, but the app is giving me the error warning that the refresh rate is too low...is this included in the workaround and I missed it? Sorry if you have answered this already!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case the app connects with v23, you are running an older VEEPEAK firmware version. The problem with the missing discovery of VEEPEAK devices is due to a change to VEEPEAK's device name conventions in their latest firmware version. LapTimer v24 will discover old and new versions again.

The VEEPEAKs sometimes show issues negotiating the bus protocol. This means the device can be accessed by LapTimer, but any communication between adapter and car bus fail. You can probably work around be selecting your car's bus protocol in LapTimer settings: LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks ‣ Default Protocol.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Stenman16
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Stenman16 »

But what (if anything) can be done to address the refresh rate issue M2C California asked above?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Stenman16 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:10 pm But what (if anything) can be done to address the refresh rate issue M2C California asked above?
Old thread, but you are right - this part isn't answered here. Have a look into the OBD / Engine documentation available from http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. It describes all known options to increase update rates.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image