Can't connect to Apex Pro

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can't connect to Apex Pro

Post by rbpeirce »

It worked when I tested it at hme but at the track it just said searching. I am using the Kiwi device for OBD, and iPhone 8+ for HLT and the Apex pro, along with the app on the iPhone. I am operating with both the Apex Pro and the iPhone conn acted to power.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to Apex Pro

Post by Harry »

APEX Pro is a BT Low Energy device. I can't answer for sure, but most of these gadgets support one connection at a time only. So in case you see problems with a connect, check if you run some other app in background which accesses and blocks LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rbpeirce »

Ah! The Apex Pro app is running in background. Thanks. I will test it by turning that off to see what happens and will post back tonight.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You will need to kill it. :-)
Image Image Image Image
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rbpeirce »

Yes. Killing the Apex Pro app makes the sensor available to HLT. Unfortunately, Apex Pro data also is important. If I really need more sample speed I will add a separate GPS device. In the past I've used HLT more for the videos than for the data. I'm just getting into data so that is changing.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7