Imported External Footage Time is 5 hours off

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Imported External Footage Time is 5 hours off

Post by T4nkcommander »

See title. Clock and GoPro hero 7 silver have same clock time, and show the same until the external video is migrated to device, whereupon it is 5 hours too early.

I can't seem to find a way to fix this.
Screenshot_20200521-224253.png
Screenshot_20200521-224253.png (626.31 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Imported External Footage Time is 5 hours off

Post by Harry »

The GoPro timestamps - if available at all, are not useable. Probably because they are missing a timezone setting.
That's the reason you need to sync the external videos when adding them to LapTimer recordings like shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI&t=10s.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

This was a manually recorded test lap, so I don't have the option described in the video. Unless I'm supposed to remove the link and relink it, overriding the sync stamps that were automatically created by HLT.

Adjusting the sync end point does nothing except make the overall time. sync worse.

Edit, tried both to no avail. Again, this seems to be an HLT download issue - the time is displayed properly in HLT when viewing the video under "external" in the app prior to migrating it (via HLT auto download), whereupon the download decides to subtract 5 hours from the timestamp for no apparent reason. It gets the minute stamp right...
Attachments
Screenshot_20200522-085044.png
Screenshot_20200522-085044.png (517.38 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sorry, I got it wrong when answering the initial questions. The timestamps shown in the right of the videos are the timestamps of the GoPro video files. As the GoPro does not support timezones, this will be UTC most probably. The time displayed is for information only and not used by LapTimer in any way. Sync points are stored in seconds from start of video, the the absolute time is not going into any calculation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image