iOS: Overlay export not enough space

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
GreatUK
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: iOS: Overlay export not enough space

Post by GreatUK »

I've rebooted the phone many, many times.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You may want to try things like this: https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.busines ... wser%3famp

I do not have information how the memory between what is reported and what can be made available is actually used on your phone. You need to try it out.

I will check if I can get access to the memory that can be made available for v24, but can‘t promise.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
GreatUK
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by GreatUK »

Yes, I have rebooted the phone several times to try to resolve this issue.
john4055
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by john4055 »

Are there any updates on this issue? I'm suffering from the same problem on my iPhone 11 Pro.

After multiple hard resets, Harry's System Information Screen reports 2.2GB of available memory, whereas my iPhone settings report 94.2GB.

Note: this same issue appears to be preventing me from uploading from my HERO7 over Wifi (it gives a warning that there is not enough memory to upload a 3GB file).

I just completed my first track day and have lots of great data and video, but this issue preventing me from taking advantage of it. Please help!

Thanks!
john4055
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by john4055 »

Quick update. As a work-around, I deleted all music from my iPhone (that's how bad I want this to work for me). That increased my my available memory (as reported in iPhone Settings) to 107.8GB and increased the available memory (as reported by LapTimer System Information 28.5GB. Still, a big discrepancy, but enough to allow me to proceed with creating an Overlaid Video.

I'm confident this problem will re-occur, so kindly reply with your thoughts.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello John,

I have not found a way to access the size of iOS (cache) storage that can be made available on top of what is reported. So the real situation is not transparent for LapTimer. I will make the error on low storage a warning for the next release. This is actually more complicated than it sounds. One has to check on write and other errors during the overlay process...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image