Copying video from iPhone, Audio Sinc problem

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
pecanflyboy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Copying video from iPhone, Audio Sinc problem

Post by pecanflyboy »

HLT Pro v15.0.1
iPhone 4s Ver 5.1

Overlay settings:
Lead Titles: On
Intro: 3s
Extro: 3s
Everything else is on

I found that the overlay will only be sucessful if the phone is in airplane mode and it is not touched during the process (a three minute laps takes about 20 minutes to overlay). Otherwise, I get an error. Sometimes I get the error, shut down HLT, and the video appears to be overlayed.....This is not the issue at hand.

Here is my problem. After overlaying my videos, I plugged in my iPhone to my PC and performed a copy direct from the phone memory to my PC. I did not use iTunes.

After copying, when playing the video on my PC using Windows Media Player, the track audio starts when the Intro begins. So, when the track video starts, there is a 3 second lag. The video and audio is perfectly sinc'd on the iPhone, but not on the PC.

Jim
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copying video from iPhone, Audio Sinc problem

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please turn off the lead titles. I had disabled them in v15.0 but they came into 15.0.1 by accident. Mixing self generated frames (like those used in the lead titles) and regular recorded frames does not work well currently. I'm working with Apple to find the reason for this. Turning lead titles on generates all kinds of problems. These are especially extremely low overlaying performance (20 min above), dropped frames, sound problems, and even crashes. I have removed it in the upcoming 15.0.2 again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pecanflyboy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by pecanflyboy »

Thanks Harry,
So, now here is my dilema. Those videos are overlayed with the lead titles, and associated with the lap. How do I "re-overlay" them correctly? After overlaying my videos, I performed the housekeeping function to free up space. I do not think I still have the raw data videos to re-associate and re-overlay.

J
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, right. Housekeeping deletes the raw videos.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pecanflyboy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by pecanflyboy »

So, I'm screwed? There is no way to play or fix these overlayed videos with the sound sinc'd? A weekend worth of track video, down the drain?