overlay wrong orientation on export

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
waffleophagus
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

overlay wrong orientation on export

Post by waffleophagus »

Hey guys!

I assume this question has already been answered, but for the life of me I haven't been able to find it. I have a video and some data, and from where I'm sitting all the info looks good except when I attempt to export the video with an overlay the overlay is either upside down to the video! Is there a simple way to make the overlay switch orientation on video export easily?

Cheers,
Waffleophagus
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: overlay wrong orientation on export

Post by Harry »

The video orientation seems to be screwed up. There is no in-app support to fix this. Instead, you need a video editor to rotate it / fix the rotation meta data included in the video. It depends on the operating system used (iOS or Android) and the place the video is stored on how to proceed. Please see Video Documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation for further details on where and how LapTimer stores videos.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: overlay wrong orientation on export

Post by ereynold60 »

Download Handbrake and goggle search for the rotate option. ", rotate=3" does a horizontal mirror flip. There is an option to do a vertical flip.