Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Hi there,

I just deleted a video with overlay, because i wanted to change the driver's name and car details and then redo the overlaying. I still have the original without the overlay in the photo app. But when I try to relink the original video i get this message:

No videos available in Assets Library, please check your Photos app.

The video plays fine in the Photos app. Any ideas?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Message: No videos available in Assets Library...

Post by Harry »

Changes in the Photos app are sometimes not updated in the interface used by other apps. Please kill LapTimer and restart it to get a fresh (uncached) list. To kill an app, goto Springboard (Home Button), double press the Home Button to get the apps running in background. Press LapTimer until it starts to shake. Press the black cross to finish the app.

Finally, please make sure you run the latest version of LapTimer (13.2)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Ok, found out myself:

The localization service (GPS) must be turned on for lap timer (and also other apps) to find the videos in the Photos app. :oops:
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:Changes in the Photos app are sometimes not updated in the interface used by other apps. Please kill LapTimer and restart it to get a fresh (uncached) list. To kill an app, goto Springboard (Home Button), double press the Home Button to get the apps running in background. Press LapTimer until it starts to shake. Press the black cross to finish the app.

Finally, please make sure you run the latest version of LapTimer (13.2)

- Harry
I tried that before, but it definitively was the GPS thing. I have the newest version 13.2. I remembered encountering the same issue with another app (some tilt shift video thing) and thats why I tried that. I don't think it's a bug, but maybe you could change the error message for other users running into the same problem.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Unbelievable, actually both things have nothing to do with each other... I tested this, it seems that the assets access is disabled when Location Service is off. The good thing about this is that there should actually be no reason to have Location Service turned off when using LapTimer.

Thanks for your feedback.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:The good thing about this is that there should actually be no reason to have Location Service turned off when using LapTimer.
That's true indeed, at least while at the track. But during the rest of the time personally I don't like my phone and all the other apps tracking my position all the time and draining my battery. So when it comes to making the overlay videos, which can take some time (Nordschleife laps etc.), I'm usually at home or elsewhere and not using localization. Maybe there are more paranoid users like me who do the same :mrgreen: