new phone - laptimer GrandPrix is crashing

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ealoken
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

new phone - laptimer GrandPrix is crashing

Post by ealoken »

Hi, just got the new OnePlus 7T Pro, it starts up, and crashes, wont even go to the startpage.
It has the android 10 os.

Erik
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new phone - laptimer GrandPrix is crashing

Post by Harry »

All Android 10 devices crash currently. I have filed a bug for Android. Google has several reports on this already but is pretty slow at looking into it. I will try to find a workaround. It is hard because the crash occurs deep in Android’s activity management.

I need to ask for some patience here.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
mikisandorfi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikisandorfi »

Hi - is there any update on Android 10 support? Having the same issues as the original poster. Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The startup crash problem on Android 10 devices is fixed since 23.0.11. Still working on other issues with 10, but the crash should be gone once you have updated to 23.0.12. See viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693 for a status.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
drbond
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by drbond »

Until November, I have had great results with Harry's Laptimer. In November, still using Android 9, and Harry's Laptimer v23.0.12, my device would not start when I started on the track. I had to restart the timer on the app while driving on track (potentially dangerous, but I slowed down in straightaways to do this during the first lap or two). It would record lap times and video, but no data would be present, even when connected to my historically trusty OBD2 device. No data was present when not using the OBD2 device either (historically speed and G's could be overlaid). When I tried to overlay the data, it gave me a hardware error 16, and said that it would have to use software to overlay the data, but the software never would overlay the data. So, I was left with a video and lap time, but nothing else. So, I decided to update to Android 10, and then I lost the video, too! And that's where I am now! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please have a look into this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

Once 23.0.13 is out, try again and we can check if there are still problems.

Harry
Image Image Image Image