cannot connect to hero6

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
skogster
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

cannot connect to hero6

Post by skogster »

Hi,

I have HLT GP on S10 android phone and an hero6 camera. I can control the hero6 from the phone with gropro app, but I get this message from Chrono/video screen when I choose the rightmost icon: "No external cam connected currently".

Under settings/multican control, I set "multicam settings" to "master", "external cam" to Gopro Hero6 BE". As I understood from documentation the password is irrelevant. I also checked the compatibility page (http://www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/android) and the hero6 is there.

What should I do to get the hero6 connected?

Thanks for your help!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cannot connect to hero6

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Please make sure your phone is connected to the HERO's WiFi. Furthermore, you need to kill the GoPro app. Accessing the cam from two apps will not work.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
skogster
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by skogster »

Thanks for your reply :) For some unknown reasons the wifi from the gopro was not showing in the S10. After a connection reset in the hero6 it's working! I should have started with it first...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Modern Android versions tend to drop WiFi connections not connecting to the Internet (like the HERO WiFi). In case you get a system dialog asking for confirmation this connection should be held, please confirm.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image