Database "Local Copy" not working

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Database "Local Copy" not working

Post by ereynold60 »

Issues:

1. The "Local Copy" function for Database Administration is not working... fails to complete and provide a "User Backup".

2. The "Check Data" also does not complete, as I understand it attempts a Local Copy prior to data checking routine.

3. The "Backup" (external backup) function does work, producing an HLPTRZ file... But the status warning never changes. Laptimer continues to report I have no external backups.

Configuration:

Phone: LG G6 (LG871) Android
Laptimer Version: v23.0.5 - Jul 30 2019
Database: 939 laps, 391 MB

Previous Backups: (4) Systems backups and (3) User Backups
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Database "Local Copy" not working

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Can you please check if you have plenty of space available (say 1GB)? This sound like there is a problem with your file system or storage available. This is the first report on this, so it is not a known problem.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:00 pm Hello,

Can you please check if you have plenty of space available (say 1GB)? This sound like there is a problem with your file system or storage available. This is the first report on this, so it is not a known problem.

- Harry
Internal Storage: 9GB available
SD Card Storage: 84 GB available
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Does the app crash when running the Local Copy? Or does it complete but not show a new User Backup?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:22 pm Does the app crash when running the Local Copy? Or does it complete but not show a new User Backup?

- Harry
No crash. Does not complete - there is no new user backup.

When I press the Local copy button, it highlights and stays highlighted, but if I scroll up or down, the highlight disappears. Laptimer is still functional, and I can return to other screens. It appears nothing happens ????
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Any suggestions on what to try next?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I do not have an option to debug this without running an external beta. I'd suggest to start with checking wether the external backup is sound and can be used to restore your data. You can send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de and I will check if it is fine if you want. Once we are sure it is good, you need to take care all your videos (if any) are saved somewhere outside LapTimer. Then, you do the usual stuff: delete LapTimer completely, reinstall it, and restore the data backuped before. You can find anything required for the whole operation here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341. This procedure will recreate the Android folders LapTimer is sitting in and storing Local Backups to, so chances are good we get it consistent again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image