Stopping recording data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
dougidleracing
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Stopping recording data

Post by dougidleracing »

Hi All,
I started using LapTimer a few months ago to help me with my hire karting. Being hire Karts, I'm unable to use the LapTimer in a fixed, visible position. To solve this problem I've got it strapped to the inside of my right leg with a Dual XGPS150 on the other leg. I don't need to see the data while I'm driving so this is ok with me.

The problem I have is that after some time.... around 10 minutes into a 30 minute practice session today the app stops recording data and I can't work out why. When I look at the app at the end of a session my phone screen has gone dark and the app has stopped recording. Does anyone have an idea why that might be? I have a suspicion it is a phone setting rather than the app but I could be wrong.

I'm using an iPhone 7 on iOS13.1.3 with a rookie edition with the petrolhead upgrade (v23.0.8). Fundamentally it's all working as I have video from my GoPro matching up with the data the app is collecting... I just can't get a full session recorded.

https://youtu.be/9ApvqJuOUiU

Any help would really be appreciated.

Cheers,
Doug
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stopping recording data

Post by Harry »

Sleep mode timing is set in iOS's Settings app. However, app can block going an app to sleep and ignore this setting. LapTimer does this for selected views used while driving. In particular, while in Timer View, LapTimer will block sleep mode. It will not block sleeping while in one of the tiles views, or Lap List or anything else not useful while racing. Besides a proper view selection, I'd suggest to check if you probably touch the screen while driving. This will happen easily for a kart with the phone attached to your body.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dougidleracing
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Stopping recording data

Post by dougidleracing »

Thanks Harry,
That's really helpful. I think I'd left the app in one of the tile views so I will be more careful to leave it on the timer view in future.

I think it's unlikely that I touched the screen since it's inside my trouser leg and the screen is covered.

Now all I need is to get on track again!

Cheers,
Doug