[SOLVED] transfer from iPhone to iPad

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
BigDave
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

[SOLVED] transfer from iPhone to iPad

Post by BigDave »

I just recently purchased the Pro version for my iPhone and the Trainer for the iPad. I absolutely love the app for the track.

I downloaded the Trainer app today and I'm unable to get a connection between the iPhone and and iPad. Bluetooth is on, single lap selected on iPhone, send button selected and iPhone is "looking" for iPad, but never finds it. If I select "track list" on the iPad the application crashes.

I would appreciate any advice to resolve this issue. BTW, iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

Regards, Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: transfer from iPhone to iPad

Post by Harry »

Hi, you need to set LT Trainer to receive mode in addition: navigate to Lap List, press the button in the top left, select "Receive Data from Friend". For more information, check out this article: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Trainer.html

On the Track List crash, please restart Trainer and try again. I'd appreciate you send the crash logs created to me for analysis: http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-crash ... sta-and-xp

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
BigDave
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BigDave »

Thanks for the quick response. I am unable to set Trainer in receive mode because the app crashes when I select the lap list. I tried to restart the application and I also restarted the iPad, but this did not prevent the app from crashing when I selected the track list.

I am currently updating the operating system for my iPad and once it's complete, I will send you the crash logs.

Regards, Dave
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As you have probably no lap data on your iPad, you may delete / reinstall here. I will release a bug fix release 15.0.2 soon.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
BigDave
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BigDave »

Downloaded Trainer app again and no problems ... Thanks for the help and continued success with your products.

Regards, Dave
Holger3.2
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Holger3.2 »

Downloaded Trainer app (15.0.2) now several times. First, if i try to open Lap List the app closes... on second trial the app tries to initialize and then short messages "Check database"; "migrating Recording Database" and finally "migrating Lap#0 recording" ... than app closes already... ?!
tried it now 5 times... happens again and again in the same pattern...

thanks
holger
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Holger,

you probably suffer from the data base corruption topic v15 introduced? Have you tried to delete the Trainer app completely before reinstalling it?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Holger3.2
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Holger3.2 »

Hi Harald
updated now my iPhone to 15.0.2; deleted the trainer completely (meaning i tapped the x on the icon; is there possible more?) from the pad... re-installed trainer 15.0.2 .... unfortunately now change :(

Holger
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Just to give you the outcome of our tests: Holger had iOS 4.3.3 installed; after upgrading to iOS 5.1 it worked.
I will check what the problem with 4.3.3 is and try to fix this in the next bug fix release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image