Recent builds and Kiwi 3

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Recent builds and Kiwi 3

Post by gremlin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Is anyone else seeing issues with the stability of the connection to the KIWI 3 with iOS in the latest builds? Both my last track days it's started out working and I've touched nothing. By a few sessions in the Kiwi has disconnected and I'm no longer getting data off the car.
aMacUzr
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Recent builds and Kiwi 3

Post by aMacUzr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 am

I recently did 8 15-20 min track sessions and found the following with LapTimer GP v23.0.5 on iOS 10 and saw the following:

- lost some of the (KiWi3) OBD channels some of the time

- saw many/regular drops in OBD data collection ... e.g., see the OBD speed drops to zero in the attached picture

The same setup gave no such issues in the past. I updated from v22.x just prior to this track day.
IMG_1972.PNG
IMG_1972.PNG (172.2 KiB) Viewed 8 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 am

When asking for dropped connections to wireless devices, you will always get answers. :-)

I do not have an issue like this on my list currently. There have been issues with the Kiwi4 but that’s fixed for the latest bug fix releases. Short drops may be due to problems with BT bandwidth or a general overload of processing power. Check if you have some other active BT devices in your car.

IOS12 showed issues with overloads in Video Preview. This item is worked around for LapTimer v23.0.7

Harry
Image Image Image Image
aMacUzr
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by aMacUzr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks for the response. One thing I normally do is connect an old iPhone 4S to the car's BT when running LapTimer on the iPhone 6 (it only does data capture, not video) ... I may have forgotten to do this. I was also having problems with the VBOX Sport's BT connecting to LapTimer and ultimately had to use my old XGPS160 as the VBOX wouldn't connect after a few sessions (the second time that's happened). I've now updated the iPhone 6 to the latest/final version of iOS 12, so we'll see how things go at the next track day.