Data Analysis in Excel

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
MedicGT4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Data Analysis in Excel

Post by MedicGT4 »

I have imported all my data into an excel spreadsheet but I'm not able see mph data at each of the 17 POI's at Watkins for example

Regards

Jim

Would like spreadsheet to look like

Watkins
Date
Lap. Total lap time. Sector 1. Sector 2 Turn 1 Turn 2 Turn3 Back straight. etc

Where all data in table is times for sectors and mph for POI
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data Analysis in Excel

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The best format for Excel analysis is CSV. CSV files come with a row per fix. Please see the second row of the CSV export, it shows the meaning of columns. You will find both km/h and mph columns. To identify rows matching split triggers, see the "GPSFIX" column. A value "3" matches a start / stop / split trigger. Information POIs (e.g. corners) do not come with an interpolated fix.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MedicGT4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MedicGT4 »

Hi

Yes I already imported the csv file into excel. I used a brute force approach to assign labels to each row/fix in the data. I first sorted the dat by distance traveled and the determined the beginning/end of each track section I wanted to analyze. It was then straightforward to paste the label into each row. Using a pivot table then to analyze the data works very nicely. Do you have tables developed for each track that assigns a fix to a section of track. If so providing those ad hoc for other tracks would make this process quite simple.
I've attached a copy of the spreadsheet if you're interested.

Regards
Jim

BTW the spreadsheet is quite large so it may take some time to open
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer has the polar coordinates for each POI. It uses a detection mechanism to check which POI is approached currently. It is a complex algorithm and takes the sequence of position measured, direction driven, and the various detection corridors available in Expert Settings. All of this is calculated on the fly while driving or overlaying videos. Same for min/max speeds, gap calculation etc. This data is not available on database level.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image