XGPS 160 Connected but now starting the lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
m3_tristan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

XGPS 160 Connected but now starting the lap

Post by m3_tristan »

Hit the track this past weekend, excited to use the xgps 160 with HLT. Was connected and HLT was showing ready with the xgps under the sensor. Went to go start the lap and HLT would not start the lap with the xgps connected. Using my iPhone XS gps worked fine.

Is there a known issue I am missing?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XGPS 160 Connected but now starting the lap

Post by Harry »

All known issues are documented in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

Two ideas for your situation: a) no / wrong track set loaded b) used Video Preview while driving.
The later will consume too much processing capacity and drop sensor data. At least for iOS12 and high res displays.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
m3_tristan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by m3_tristan »

Harry wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 am All known issues are documented in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

Two ideas for your situation: a) no / wrong track set loaded b) used Video Preview while driving.
The later will consume too much processing capacity and drop sensor data. At least for iOS12 and high res displays.

- Harry
I had the track loaded. Ran fine with the phones gps. And I did not use any video in this situation.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Probably an issue with the XGPS. The next time you drive (not necessarily on track), monitor the GPS View (Analysis / Real-time) and check if data is looking sound. You should see an update rate of 10Hz, a good accuracy around 10ft and no warning colors.

Is it possible you had Dual’s tool active in background? That’s another potential issue because it blocks communication for LapTimer. It needs to be killed.

Harry
Image Image Image Image