Wrong link to GoPro video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
demonic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Wrong link to GoPro video

Post by demonic »

Hi I already asked similar question but i guess it was not approved.

I am using GP version to record videos with my external GoPro Hero 7 Black with my iphone 7. I have issue that videos does not link auttomatically which is really annoying.

After I logged the race, i can see that there is a linked video marked as offline (so far so. good because it is on camera)
So I press the download button (which is searching videos on the camera, but it says that it cant find the linked video because they have different name I guess?)

So I press the video list, find the video on the go pro and select it. But it says that linking with the external cameras is not possible that i have to download video locally first.

So i have to go all the way back to the main video list and download it then going back and re link it. if the app does not crash in the proccess which happens almost all the time. Is there easier way to do it? I bought an GP version just so I can easily work with external videos without workarounds.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wrong link to GoPro video

Post by Harry »

We had this procedure a few times. ;-) The in-app download feature is not reliable. GoPro has managed to get that stable for their own app, but the straight download as described in their former developer program fails often. The bigger the video is, the worse it gets. That's the reason we recommend to transfer the video file to the smartphone manually. There are several options depending on whether you are in iOS or Android. They are described in detail in Video Documentation on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. This is basically transferring the file to either Photos / Gallery or LapTimer's data area, and Re-Linking the placeholder (OFFLINE) to that video file.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image