OBD data shows steps since Version 23

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

OBD data shows steps since Version 23

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi Harry,

I'm using HLT with a 5 Hz GPS, but on a car which roughly only gives 1 Hz OBD. OS is Android.

On version 22, you implemented the feature to fake the data to a higher Hertz number together with an interpolation feature. When I used this at 10 Hz interpolation, this worked well for me to get a smooth overlay of the OBD data on the videos.

WIth version 23 and the same settings, my OBD values are changing in the stored data only every 1 or 2 seconds. I can see "steps" in the diagrams. In video overlay, the widgets for throttle and RPM are moving according to these steps. So, this is not smooth in the video.

I remember that on Version 22, there was an entry in the Expert Settings to change the interpolation feature, but this seems also to be gone in Version 23.

I would really appreciate if you could bring this feature to the status of Version 22 with the nice interpolation feature! It added so much nice look to the overlays to have the gauges moving smoothly.

With best regards,
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD data shows steps since Version 23

Post by Harry »

I’m not aware on a change here, but I will check if the 5 Hz GPS / 1 Hz OBD / 10 Hz storage rate generates steps for one of the next updates.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hello Harry,
thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you need some example data, I have both data with and without steps on my phone.

With best regards,
Michael
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi Harry,
as the new trackday season is approaching - did you have a chance to look at this topic? The "step problem" is still occuring.

Alternatively - is there a chance to downgrade to Version 22.1, which worked fine to me?

WBR,
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It is on my list, I can‘t say more. ;-)
Image Image Image Image
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi Harry,

any plan to address this topic in the upcoming Version 24? I just gave it a try with the beta of Version 24, with GPS at 5 Hz, OBD at 1 Hz, and storage rate at 10 Hz, but even though HLT says that the data is interpolated, still, I see the steps in the OBD data.

With best regards,
Michael
tonytkdk
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tonytkdk »

I have the same problem with XGPS160 10hz and OBDLink MX+