Significant Lag [FOR GEAR CALCULATION]

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Significant Lag [FOR GEAR CALCULATION]

Post by tipounastre »

Hi Harry,

Since I have my new car (Audi TT RS 2010) I'm testing the new version v15 (15.0.1). I'm using Laptimer Pro on an iPhone 4s with the internal GPS within the iPhone. The OBD hardware is a PLX KiWi.

Compared to v14 on the RS4, here is my feedback:
- the RPM layout is now looking good :-)
- the gear calculation is a bit crazy at low revs (<= 1500~2000). I'm using also DashCommand with the same settings as in LTP and it calculates the gears much better. With v14 I did not have these issues. On my RS4 with LPT 14, same settings same results as with DashCommand.
- when I change gears at higher revs than the ones mentioned above, there is a time gap of more than a second between the time I change gear and the time the new gear is displayed on LTP.
- the OBD rate on the Audi TT RS is 8.1 Hz but the OBD displayed data like RPM is really laggy... there is significant delay between RPM display and actual RPM in the car.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Significant Lag

Post by Harry »

Please send a .hlptrl export (by email) for any lap you have recorded including OBD data. I will have a look into it.
Just checked the change log since 14.x and I do not see changes in that area.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Significant Lag [FOR GEAR CALCULATION]

Post by tipounastre »

OK - will do that tomorrow or sometime next week ;)