Throttle PID for Porsche 981S

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Throttle PID for Porsche 981S

Post by llan981 »

I have a 2013 Boxster S and I have been using advanced setting Throttle PID set to Position D. It seems to work on but there are times when I am at full throttle and it seems after I do the video overlay, there seems throttle is not at 100%. Am I using the right PID value?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Throttle PID for Porsche 981S

Post by Harry »

As long as you can see a 100% throttle while driving, things are fine and data shown in the video is correct. Porsches support the standard PID, so you can use this one too. Please keep in mind that LapTimer needs to calibrate throttle values. OBD defines a range of 0 to 255 for 0 to 100 percent, but cars deliver a smaller range. This means you will get 100 percent values long before you have pressed the throttle fully the first time.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

FWIW... I drive a 2014 Cayman S (981S)... not sure if you have PDK as I do? I see 100% when I press throttle past the "kick-down" detent, and I may see less than 100% when I get lazy and don't press the throttle all the way to the floor. Something I continually work on... keep your foot down hard on straights, past the kick down, even in sport-plus mode. It does make a difference.

And yes, Position D is the correct setting.
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gremlin »

2014 Cayman S with PDK here, and Position D works for me to show 100% throttle, in the default setting it'll show less than 100% when you get at higher revs, as it'll reflect I believe what the drive by wire plate is actually doing instead of what the pedal is doing.