[SOLVED] Video Sync Lost when upgrading to V15.0.1

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Mustangkev
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

[SOLVED] Video Sync Lost when upgrading to V15.0.1

Post by Mustangkev »

I updated to HLT V.15 on a week ago and used the app while track over the weekend. Afterwards all laps were recorded with video and I used the overlay function on two laps. I updated to V15.0.1 today and now it has lost all the synchronization points for the video for all laps other than the two which had been overlaid previously. Is there anyway to have these laps re-synchronized automatically?

Regards,
Kevin
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Sync Lost when upgrading to V15.0.1

Post by Harry »

iOS actually guaranties, it preserves this data during app updated... Did you run a regular update from AppStore or deleted LapTimer before updating? Recovery is not trivial if possible at all. In case you have a recent iTunes backup, that's a way of restoring this link data. I thought about recreation of this links between multimedia and LapTimer's lap database based on video time stamps and metadata, but such a thing is not yet implemented.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mustangkev
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mustangkev »

It was updated through iTunes. I did not delete the app and reinstall. Do you think the there may be a solution in the next release. If so I can keep everything as is untill then. If not I'll just try to sync the laps that I'm interested in keeping. Is there a way to copy the full video off of lap timer to keep on my computer?
Regards,
Kevin
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Kevin,

As stated above, updates usually do not delete any app data. I have no idea what happened in your situation, it seems you are the cumbersome exception here. A save work around is to run backups ahead of updates - but that is probably not feasible for every app updated. I suggest to run backups on LapTimer data using the .hlptrl format regularly. Lap data is probably as valuable as contact data, so it should be worth the focus :-)

With respect to video data, things are a bit different usually. Videos are so large you cannot keep them on your iPhone anyway. I suggest to keep a small number of overlaid videos (to show and revisit) and synchronize / move everything else to your desktop after each track day. This is done using iTunes synchronization.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bedmonds12
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by bedmonds12 »

I am having the same problem. The videos are still in the app but they are completely off in the timing. I have not figured out how to resync everthing. I basically have an entire track day that is useless. Not happy. Is there a fix for this? I tried the section "Select" where you select which video and try to sync the end of the lap manually but it did not work correctly. Please help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Why did it not work correctly? I understand it is some effort, but should definitively work. As stated elsewhere, I will move the linking information to LapTimer's database in an upcoming release, so it becomes more reliant. On syncing and the logs behind, please visit http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Video.html

- Harry
Image Image Image Image