Scenarios of adding/recording Video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tonytkdk
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Scenarios of adding/recording Video

Post by tonytkdk »

I'm new to Laptimer. I played the video overlay for days but still very confused about how it works. Here's are scenarios below. Please confirm if these work or not. My tests were done by Race -> Classic with single video clip every time.
  • Should the video clip as same length as the collected metrics?
  • To start GoPro recording manually instead of triggered by the laptimer. Then adding the video afterward to the lap. The video is longer than the lap time. Does this work? If so, how to sync the video with overlay data?
  • To start GoPro recording manually instead of triggered by the laptimer. Then adding the video afterward to the lap. The video is shorter than the lap time. Does this work?If so, how to sync the video with overlay data?
  • To trigger the GoPro via laptimer. The video is about 0.5s delay than the overlay data. Should I change the video delay from expert setting or set the end of timed lap from Video Sync Setting view?
  • To trigger the GoPro via laptimer. The video is about 0.5s ahead than the overlay data. Should I change the video delay from expert setting or set the end of timed lap from Video Sync Setting view?
I never get it works as my expectation so far. Really need some support for how to manage the sync video. Is there any instruction videos? I can't find good tutorials for this topic tho.

iOS - iPhoneX
Laptimer - latest version
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scenarios of adding/recording Video

Post by Harry »

When recording videos automatically, the start will always be a bit behind the start of data. This is due röntge time required for the cam startup. LapTimer will compensate this and set the end of lap sync accordingly.

In case you see the same mis-sync for all videos recorded automatically, you need to adjust the Overlay Synchronization / Video settings to compensate this.

In case the mis-sync varies, or in case you have added a video manually, please use the Video Sync editor view and corrective manually.

On video length vs lap time: the only thing required to use a video with a lap is that the end of lap is covered by the video. The video can extend beyond that point or may miss footage in the beginning (see my first item above). There is no reason a video should be trimmed manually, LapTimer will do this during overlay.

Harry
Image Image Image Image