Trouble downloading from Hero5 to iPhone

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
shepner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Trouble downloading from Hero5 to iPhone

Post by shepner »

Over the weekend I was using laptimer on my iPhone which was controlling my GoPro. This is my old phone which is now 100% dedicated for this purpose. It is exclusively attached to the GoPro's WiFi and Bluetooth as the phone has no SIM card. Video would start and stop great. I can see the recordings in the video list, everything works great except when I attempt to download the file. LapTimer seems to just hang and the file never downloads. They do however transfer just fine with the GoPro app. Any thoughts what might be going wrong?

iPhone 6S iOS 12.3.1 - No SIM card
LapTimer Grand Prix Edition v23.03
GoPro Hero5 firmware v02.60
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble downloading from Hero5 to iPhone

Post by Harry »

The direct download is unreliable for bigger videos and not recommended. Please see Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation on how to transfer the video instead.

You can use the GoPro app for the transfer too. Videos pulled like this will go to the Photo app and are accessible for LapTimer here. You need to Re-Link the transferred video so LapTimer can understand this transferred video is the one to use: select a lap from Lap List, select the Video / Preview placeholder showing OFFLINE or NO VIDEO. Select the Re-link button (to cams icon) and select the video from the list.

Harry
Image Image Image Image