Petrolhead Edition not allowing video?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
max pl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Petrolhead Edition not allowing video?

Post by max pl »

Harry,

I bought the Petrolhead edition several years ago and have never used the video function, but I recently bought a GoPro and would like to use it.
When attempting to set up video the app says that this version does not support this feature and that I must purchase an add on. I select and it wants me to upgrade to the Grand Prix edition.

Is an error or a new requirement where video is only on Grand Prix now?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Petrolhead Edition not allowing video?

Post by Harry »

Petrolhead supports video recording using the internal cam and overlaying any video. GrandPrix adds remote controlling external action cams.

You can operate your GoPro manually and add footage recorded to LapTimer recordings manually in case you do not want to upgrade. Here is the video tutorial to add an external video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI

Harry
Image Image Image Image
max pl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by max pl »

Thanks Harry.

I ended up buying GrandPrix before you responded as I had a trackway Monday, and am glad I did.

It was my first time using Laptimer+GoPro and the remote operation was excellent. The GoPro simply started recording every time I crossed the finish line and stopped when I hit stop.

Only one small hiccup occurred and that was the resolution dropping from 4K to 1080p in 3 of the 4 sessions, and I made sure to set it up for 4K prior to each session.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer controls the action cam resolution when using default settings. See viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5300&p=26425&hilit ... set#p26425 on how to change it.

Harry
Image Image Image Image