Google Earth on Android

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Kevin7909
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Google Earth on Android

Post by Kevin7909 »

I am using the rookie edition v23.0 and there is a google earth button in both the ios (iPhone 5 newest software update) and android (note 8 newest software update) versions.

Using ios works as expected. Click on the google earth button and a window opens which shows 'copy to google earth'. Clicking on this icon opens google earth and zooms into the lap with speeds and braking/acceleration zones, etc.

The android version opens google earth but does nothing more. It behaves as if there is no valid data file to process. For it to work I have to export a kml file to say dropbox and then go to dropbox and open that file using google earth. Same thing for every lap. Is there a way to make the android version of HLT work the same as the ios version?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Google Earth on Android

Post by Harry »

I will check... Actually it should work the same.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Google Earth is crashing on my Android devices currently, I even reinstalled it... So I can't check for this currently. One thing I have just seen is that the file transfer between apps requires the Storage permission. Please make sure it is granted in Settings app ‣ Apps ‣ LapTimer ‣ Permissions.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Kevin7909
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Kevin7909 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have location and storage permissions set on the phone. Thanks for looking into this for me.
maxgt4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by maxgt4 »

I already reported this issue as part of the v22 beta program. Obvioulsy it was lost. Hope it will be fixed some time, even if it is not the most important feature, but it's a nice one.