SETTING TO NOT CONNECT TO AN OBDLINK MX+

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
SCM711
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

SETTING TO NOT CONNECT TO AN OBDLINK MX+

Post by SCM711 »

I have a OBDlink MX+ and I want to use it to feed data (RPM, Speed, Oil Temp, Trip Time, Fuel Remaing) to OBD Fusion as a display on my Iphone 6 while driving at track days. I have it set up and it works well.

I also want to run Harry"s Lap Timer with the iphone video camera in the background on the same iphone. However, once Harry's starts up it cuts off OBD Fusion. I have tried starting Harry's up first with my iphone Bluetooth turned off. After Harry's is up and running I can turn Bluetooth back on Then start up OBD Fusion an it will work. But, once Harry's passes a trigger point and starts a lap it cuts off OBD Fusion.

Is there some way to set Harry's so that it does not try and communicate with my OBDlink MX+?

Thank you.

Scott
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SETTING TO NOT CONNECT TO AN OBDLINK MX+

Post by Harry »

Yes, but you can't use LapTimer while it is sent to background. It will sleep while in background. Video recording is not possible for apps running in background in general. This is for privacy and other reasons.

I do not think your scenario will work well. To watch OBD data while driving, why not use LapTimer's Engine View? It is located in LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Realtime ‣ Engine. Standard timing operation will work as usual.

To not allow LapTimer to connect to the MX+, deselect LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks / Use Mfi Accessories.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image