Log from todays track meet looks strange

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Magnus Thomé
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Log from todays track meet looks strange

Post by Magnus Thomé »

I wanted to record video at the track meet today to overlay with sensor data and export videos but I didn't want the timer running on my phone screen since that wasn't allowed.

So I manually started data and video recording with the button on the timer page and then just locked the phone (android) to have the screen blacked out.

Video was correctly started recording on the gopro but there is only strange and short data in the logging in HLT.

HLT was still the app in focus when unlocking the phone, it wasn't in the background or anything. But there doesn't seem to be any data saved from obd2, gps, tpms or gforces on any laps to overlay on the videos?

Does HLT disconnect from all sensors when locking the phone display?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Log from todays track meet looks strange

Post by Harry »

Yes, LapTimer is inactivated when sending the phone to sleep. As the GoPro has been started before, it continued, but data collection and processing has been stopped when operating LapTimer like this.

You can dim the screen to the max, but sending the phone to sleep is making LapTimer sleep too.

Harry
Image Image Image Image