Uploading GoPro to iPhone 8

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
16nz34
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Uploading GoPro to iPhone 8

Post by 16nz34 »

I've uploaded a full track session video from my GoPro to my laptop. I've used VSDC to edit the video and just include the first lap so I can use that footage in place of the footage I took using Laptimer and the iPhone. I uploaded the single lap video from my laptop to the iPhone using iTunes. However, iTunes placed it in the Movies section of my iPhone and Laptimer under the Video List cannot see it. It's not listed in the Camera Roll section. What am I missing? Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Uploading GoPro to iPhone 8

Post by Harry »

In case you are using iTunes synchronization, take care to use the Photos section, not the Video/Movies section. the Photos section has an option to include videos. Movies does not allow other apps to access videos synchronized. I'd prefer dropping the video file into the iTunes / File Sharing / LapTimer folder. That's a lot easier and straight forward than using synchronization.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
16nz34
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 16nz34 »

iTunes / File Sharing / LapTimer folder? I don't see that folder (LapTimer) under my iTunes folder in Windows 10 on my laptop? I don't have a File Sharing folder either. Is there a particular process to create it?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, start iTunes, connect your iPhone and select it in the top left. You will see File Sharing in the left drawer now. Search for the LapTimer entry to access LapTimer’s data area. LapTimer will recognize videos with MP4 and mob extensions.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you are using iTunes synchronization, take care to use the Photos section, not the Video/Movies section. the Photos section has an option to include videos. Movies does not allow other apps to access videos synchronized. I'd prefer dropping the video file into the iTunes / File Sharing / LapTimer folder. That's a lot easier and straight forward than using synchronization.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image