Alignment Not Functioning?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
sbratt66
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Alignment Not Functioning?

Post by sbratt66 »

I have successfully pulled in external videos from my GoPro (using iTunes file integration) and am able to export overlaid videos. I have tried adjusting the alignment to get the start and stop of the lap timing to match the start/finish line, but no matter how I change the alignment (I have pushed it intentionally too far forward and back) the overlaid video timing always starts at the same place. Basically the alignment process doesn't seem to get saved.

This is the with IOS 12.1.4 and the latest version of laptimer (22.1.4).

I have de-linked and deleted the old videos before exporting the new ones, so it isn't still linking the old overlaid video files.

Any help will be appreciated!... Love this amazing product!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alignment Not Functioning?

Post by Harry »

Changing the alignment will have an effect when applied to the linkage between lap and the original video only. Once this sync has been changed, it will be applied both for showing the overlay in real-time (Play) or when generating a new overlaid version (Export).

The other point you need to keep in mind is about the nature of the first lap recorded with video. When LapTimer starts recording, it triggers a video start too. The cam will require 2 or 3 seconds to start up, which means this part is missing. When watching the first lap overlaid, you will see that lap time is later than 0 already. To work around, start recording manually before leaving the pits. You can enable this option by ticking Manual Timing in LapTimer’s Settings.

Harry
Image Image Image Image