dropping speed and OBD

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
rck329
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

dropping speed and OBD

Post by rck329 »

Is is just a coincidence that I am dropping speed and OBD info in some corners? OBD is a Tonwon BTLE, iphone 7 (lastest update). Gran Prix V22.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36iz8VtbQ9A
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: dropping speed and OBD

Post by Harry »

In case you had an OBD adapter working at any position of the track, LapTimer will display the engine gauges and use wheel speed for the whole overlay. I assume your OBD connection dropped at this position, so you get wheel speed 0 and 0 rpm. Besides analyzing your OBD connection for the future, switch OBD use in Overlay Configuration / second page to None for this lap to get a reasonable result (without engine data).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rck329
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by rck329 »

Thanks Harry, as soon as I posted I made the connection that it was using OBD for speed in the overlay. (I'm a little slow sometimes :-)

In expert settings I found "Force Overlay GPS Speed" - I re-exported and this at least fixed my speed overlay.

I'm going to switch to a OBDLink MX+ The Ton Won has seemed a little quirky since I've started using it - seems to drop the connection a lot.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dropping connection often signal an issue with speed optimizations applied by late LapTimer versions: try switching these Expert Settings / OBD Tweaks until the connection is stable:

Adaptive Timing ‣ Enabled
ECUs Addressed ‣ PCM
Disable Parallel Requests ‣ YES

The first and the last slow down communication, so do net set them as long as it is necessary.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rck329
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by rck329 »

Thanks very much. I will try those.