Problems Accessing Video Library

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Problems Accessing Video Library

Post by Dubbedown »

Every time I try to access video list the app keeps crashing and restarting. Is this a known bug or should I delete and reinstall?

Using latest iOS on iPhone XR...
Last edited by Dubbedown on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: V22.1.4 Unstable?

Post by Harry »

This can be an issue with too many videos in photo library. I have seen that access to media library can generate crashes if one has hundreds of clips stored. Try to disable access to Photo library in iOS‘s Settings. LapTimer will store overlaid videos in LapTimer‘s documents area (instead of Photos) for this configuration.

Please change the title of this thread. It should point readers to a specific problem, not “we are all doomed“. ;-)

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: V22.1.4 Unstable?

Post by Dubbedown »

Harry wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:40 am This can be an issue with too many videos in photo library. I have seen that access to media library can generate crashes if one has hundreds of clips stored. Try to disable access to Photo library in iOS‘s Settings. LapTimer will store overlaid videos in LapTimer‘s documents area (instead of Photos) for this configuration.

Please change the title of this thread. It should point readers to a specific problem, not “we are all doomed“. ;-)

Harry
Thanks, and in a scenario if I copy videos directly using SD card adapter (via lightning cable), can I then copy the external video to the Lap Timer documents area or does that require iTunes? I would really like to avoid iTunes if possible :)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems Accessing Video Library

Post by Harry »

The SD Card reader will not be allowed to access LapTimer’s sandbox. Videos will always go to Photo app. Try housekeeping the Photo app, crashes can occur as written, but this is rare.

Harry
Image Image Image Image