OBD previously worked, now outside of range?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Touring_Dave
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: OBD previously worked, now outside of range?

Post by Touring_Dave »

Harry wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 pm Thanks for the efforts. :-) Option 6 should be a bit faster than 2?
Once LapTimer v23 is getting available, please try option 4. It should be faster than 2 or 6. I have worked on some answering patterns I have seen for beta testers - well possible it has been the same issue you have been facing. Thanks again.

- Harry
Hi Harry,

Just to let you know that having updated to v23 I tried Option 4 again however it remains as ‘fail’ so have returned to Option 2 as I knew that worked albeit with a little lag.

Have also noticed that my external camera (Sony HDR-AS200V) doesn’t always connect through to the app. When selecting external camera the wheel of hope / death sometimes just keeps spinning before timing out whilst other times to shows the Sony is connected. Any idea how to establish whether a mobile issue or an app issue?

Many thanks,Dave.
Mazda MX-5 (Miata) NC 2ltr, IL Motorsport Manifold, Cold Air Intake, Ecutek remap, Skuzzle Dyno 164hp at wheels, EBC Turbo Groove discs and Yellowstuff pads front and rear, Meistrr Coilovers.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

If you want, please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 and send the log to me. It should really work for option #4 now.

On the Sony connection: this will be an issue with WiFi like always. Please make sure no other app is accessing the cam from background and make sure the WiFi connection is with the cam and not some other network. You smartphone can change association at any time.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Touring_Dave
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Touring_Dave »

Harry wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:08 pm If you want, please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 and send the log to me. It should really work for option #4 now.
Have downloaded the GPS tracker app, unfortunately the car has gone away to have some engine and suspension work done.

Hopefully have it back by end of next week and will run app and post results to you.
Harry wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:08 pm
On the Sony connection: this will be an issue with WiFi like always. Please make sure no other app is accessing the cam from background and make sure the WiFi connection is with the cam and not some other network. You smartphone can change association at any time.
Thanks, will persevere !
Mazda MX-5 (Miata) NC 2ltr, IL Motorsport Manifold, Cold Air Intake, Ecutek remap, Skuzzle Dyno 164hp at wheels, EBC Turbo Groove discs and Yellowstuff pads front and rear, Meistrr Coilovers.
Touring_Dave
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Touring_Dave »

Harry wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:08 pm If you want, please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 and send the log to me. It should really work for option #4 now.
Harry,

Have just emailed you the log file.

Many thanks, Dave.