Timer stop when screen locks or I get a call or text.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
darkman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Timer stop when screen locks or I get a call or text.

Post by darkman »

I've been using Lap timer for years and finally need to fix this. I am using an Iphone 5 with OS 10.3.3. My screen lock is set a two minutes. The timer stops working if the screen locks or I get a call,text or any type of notification. To use it I have to set screen lock at never and hope no one calls or texts This really eats my battery life. Is the a way to keep the timer running in these conditions? thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Timer stop when screen locks or I get a call or text.

Post by Harry »

LapTimer locks the screen automatically while in a racing relevant view. These are views like Timer and most others showing real time data. LapTimer will not lock the screen while in views like Lap List to not drain your battery accidentally.

To work around incoming phone calls: forward calls to your mailbox. Providers will have some code to enter for redirection.
To work around interrupting notifications: select Banner instead if Alert for all your notification settings in Settings app; up to date iOS version have changed that and will not interrupt the active app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

FWIW... When using Laptimer, I put my phone (Android) in "airplane mode", then manually enable Bluetooth and WiFi. Wifi is connected only to my GoPro, so no Internet access. When on track, I really don't want any calls, texts or emails... and prevents interruptions to Laptimer.

I also keep my phone connected to "power" via an in-car 12V charger... to avoid battery issues.
darkman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by darkman »

Is there a way to let the screen lock and have the lap timer run in the background?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No
Image Image Image Image