Red update rate warning

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Tailhooker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Red update rate warning

Post by Tailhooker »

I’m using the Grand Prix edition v 22.1.4 with my iPhone 6S. I got the Bad Elf gps plug in and the Kiwi 3 OBD. I am constantly getting a red gps update rate warning and a red OBD update rate warning which is preventing the app from running. I typically use the app for track days at Sebring or autocross events. When I open the Bad Elf app, it usually is receiving 8-10 satellites and the position looks spot on. Same for the OBD app, the engine parameters are all working. But when I’m running laps at the track, Harry’s won’t start when I cross the start/finish line and I don’t get the OBD data. I can go to the admin page and the sensor menu, and it shows the Bad Elf and Kiwi are connected. What can I do to get the board all green and have this app work to full capability’s?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Red update rate warning

Post by Harry »

When trouble shooting something, it is always good to concentrate on one issue at a time. So please test the Bad Elf and the Kiwi separately.

Please make sure your do not have PLX's or Bad Elf's app running in background. Kill both (swipe up) or reboot the phone to make sure they do not access the devices from background. LapTimer will not be allowed to received data while one of these apps accessing the accessory.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Tailhooker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Tailhooker »

I’ll try that. Thanks.
Tailhooker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Tailhooker »

I wanted to follow up on my earlier post. I made sure that none of the apps are running in the background and it has been working well for me. Thank you for the advice. Now the frustration is gone and I am enjoying the app.