Export to VBO file for use in Circuit Tools not working

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jbxea1gt
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Export to VBO file for use in Circuit Tools not working

Post by jbxea1gt »

Harry - I am able to export the data to a VBO file, however, when I pull the data into Circuit Tools it shows 0 Laps and displays no data. When I open the VBO file with Notepad, I can see all the data there but the HLTP header says 0 laps. Please advise. Thanks for your help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Export to VBO file for use in Circuit Tools not working

Post by Harry »

Hi, it seems the VBO export is not yet fully imported to CT. You may play around with the text file (exchanging Laps number or so), but I do not yet have a solution for this. We are working on a solution.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jbxea1gt
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jbxea1gt »

Thanks Harry
chorrell
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by chorrell »

Does the new version 15.0.3 fix this .vbo file error? I haven't been able to get circuit tools to properly import a file yet.

Thanks,
Chuck
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, that will be adjusted in the next "non bug fix" release. It seems the export does not work for 1Hz sampled data recordings. For 5Hz it works. My plan is to add 10Hz interpolation for 1Hz recordings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
chorrell
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by chorrell »

I've been exporting the laps that I record with Dual XGPS150 at 5Hz and it still doesn't work with Circuit Tools. I went into the .vbo file with a text editor and manually changed the thing at the top that said Laps:0 to Laps:25 for a 25 lap session that I exported and then when I opened it in Circuit Tools it had 25 separate laps, but they all still showed up without any valid data in them. Is there some setting that I need to mess with to get it to open correctly in CT?

-Chuck
mkavney77
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mkavney77 »

I tried it and it showed speed but not much else ( no change to data file)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I did quite some additional investigation and I'm clear now. CT treats the data input as "raw" GPS data and decides depending on the triggers defined on lap transitions. So the Lap: 0 is ignored anyway - CT decides itself. Another problem I ran into is it requires some GPS data before and after the first and last crossing of triggers. Otherwise it misses the triggers and does not start / finish the respective lap. Finally, it needs the triggers to be defined as a 'line' crossing the track. Much of these points are missing in LT's export currently. Triggers are 'points' instead of 'lines' and only data lying within LT's laps is exported.

Next major release will enhance VBO export by a) adding some additional GPS fixes before and after the GPS data recorded, b) exchange the 'point' triggers by 'line' triggers, and c) will interpolate any recording to 10Hz sampling to match CT's expectation.

Actually this tool is pretty picky, and the format is not well documented. So this is a bit of trial & error. But finally, we will get that fixed. Bulls23 did quite some investigation too, and made the analysis above possible. Thanks for that! :-)

- Harry

P.S. Don't ask for the next release please - no idea.
Image Image Image Image
mkavney77
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mkavney77 »

Harry wrote:will interpolate any recording to 10Hz sampling to match CT's expectation.
I'm new to all this and only used CT for about 10 minutes, but it asked me what the sampling rate was of the input file (so I used 1HZ for the iphone I used)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Seems CT has problems working with low update rates. The questions seems to be related to this. Next LT major release adds 10Hz interpolation - which makes CT mot to ask any more.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image