OBD RPM Display gauge

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: OBD RPM Display gauge

Post by T4nkcommander »

Sent. Let me know if you didn't get the vehicle certification - it didn't give me an email option, but said it was submitted.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes true, this one went directly to the server... Please goto the vehicle again, there is an export option too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., I have imported the car and the lap and get a proper rpm gauge display after adding an arbitrary video. The lap you had sent had been exported to an overlaid video already. As these exported videos have gauges added and are not reevaluated when playing them, please revert to the Original video (i.e. Original button in the lap's details) first and press Play afterwards. This should show the gauge as expected. You need to export the video with the now up to date rpm data again to get a distributable version.
Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 18.44.29.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 18.44.29.png (41.58 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

Hmm...still doing it on my end. After reverting and allowing the app to overlay on the fly, still same as before.

Any file or setting to change before re-installing the app?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I doubt reinstalling the app makes any sense. I assume this is some handling or data issue. There is no reason this should not work for one in thousands. However, I have no idea how to rephrase instructions posted already.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

I've been playing around in settings. I think there is some bug in the vehicle created - because after making a duplicate and selecting the original, the engine tab gauge displayed incorrectly. Selecting the duplicate vehicle and going back to Engine shows correct tach, but trying to display raw video with either vehicle gives results as before. I suspect that these conflicting files are somehow causing the problem.

I'm going to try to delete the original vehicle and see if that works, or worst case, wipe the list and re-import the vehicle I sent you.
Screenshot_20190204-144916.png
Screenshot_20190204-144916.png (233.2 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Screenshot_20190204-145208.png
Screenshot_20190204-145208.png (438.29 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Screenshot_20190204-144946.png
Screenshot_20190204-144946.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2229 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, I’d suggest to remove duplicates currently. Duplicates are fine and have unique names, but can be difficult to identify. After removing the duplicate, please make sure the vehicle stored for the lap is still set. In case the duplicate has been referenced by the lap, it will be redirected to the Unspecified vehicle afterwards.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

I purged all vehicles, verified the laps all went to 'unspecified vehicle', then re-imported the vehicle I sent to you. After relinking the vehicle to the laps associated with the trackday, I played the raw video and had the same problem.

Strongly considering doing a full reset of everything - or making a new vehicle from scratch - to see if I can resolve the issue. Probably will be this weekend when I have some free time.
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

Well, I give up. Uninstalled and wiped everything, rebuilt my settings and vehicle from scratch. Went to do video preview prior to starting manual record, and same thing as before.

The only other thing I can think of that might fix it at this point is to adjust the max power values and rpm ranges, and see if that causes changes on the overlay. If it works or I find another fix I'll report back; otherwise I guess I'm just going to have to live with it.

In other news the uninstall greatly improved my OBDLink connections. Working a lot more reliably now.
flyingflatfour
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by flyingflatfour »

I have the same issue, checked that my car was both properly configured in HLT for the engine settings and that the laps were linked to that car...