Can’t load new track - “max POI” is a lie!

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Can’t load new track - “max POI” is a lie!

Post by zeusbap »

Hi Harry,

As always, I just want to preface that I love this app. Thanks for your continued improvements!

I’m trying out a new track (for me) this weekend, but I keep getting the attached error when trying to load it. In my lap list, there are 15 groups/tracks listed, but I’ve purged the POIs for all but three tracks. I read somewhere that 10 POIs is the max, but I’m well under that limit. Am I missing something?

In case the upload doesn’t work, here’s the error and image: (I got an HTML error)
Could not add POI set, maximal number reached. Please purge a POI set not used.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhnwhwduf6j1m ... M.jpg?dl=0
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Can’t load new track - “max POI” is a lie!

Post by zeusbap »

Update...

I deleted some old backups, ran housekeeping, checked and fixed databases (121 errors fixed), and it still gave the same error. I rebooted my phone, and voila! 21 new POIs downloaded.

I’m still wondering why this happened. Do I have some ghost POI sets haunting me?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The limit of 15 applies to tracks, not tracks with POIs defines. So in case you run out of slots, you need to remove a track completely. This means POIs, laps and the track itself need to be removed. It is an anachronism tonnage that limit, but at least you can work around by exporting all laps of a track to hlptrl and purge the track afterwards.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

Ah ha! Mystery solved. Thanks for the quick reply!

It’s quite possible that I deleted an old lap before restarting the phone, just didn’t realize that was the magic bullet...

- Brian