Export/Overlay - Android & Hero 6

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
kyoo92
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Export/Overlay - Android & Hero 6

Post by kyoo92 »

Hoping someone can help me with this issue - I've seen a number of people have the same thing, but no real solution was provided:

Harry's Lap Timer Petrolhead
Oneplus 5T (Android 8.0, near stock)
Video is from a GoPro Hero 6

I've cut the video file down to my fast lap on my computer, and added it to the phone storage. I pick up the video from the phone storage, add it, pick the lap to set the Finish. When I go to "Overlay" I pretty much get a Please wait... that freezes indefinitely. I've waited 30 minutes without touching the phone, no change. Any suggestions on what the problem is? The phone is pretty zippy, not sure what the problem is here. I've tried several times, between multiple restarts, updates, etc.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Export/Overlay - Android & Hero 6

Post by Harry »

Try renaming the video file to something more standard first (no spaces, only one dot to separate the extension). I have worked on issues like this for v22, but there may still be some problems around.

In case this doesn't help, it is probably an issue with the encoder used by the video editor... Either try the original video or switch to the Software Encoding method in LapTimer's Expert Settings. Provided you have enough memory available, there is no need to cut the video before transferring it. LapTimer extracts the lap portion during overlaid video generation anyway.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
kyoo92
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kyoo92 »

Harry - I actually got this to work by deleting the "Master Video" - the video then just turned into a regular video and I was able to export it with data! I've deleted the video off the phone which is why no preview shows up anymore but this is what it looks like after removing the "Master" video

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I had a look into all your screenshots again. Especially the one showing the Video Details with all the Lap links is making clear the relation between laps / recordings and video where not setup correctly. I assume you applied multiple operations on the relation (like overlaying or Re-Linking), so it is difficult to understand if this has been a system problem or simply the combination of UI operations applied.

In case you want to better understand what is going on, please have a look into http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf. There is a many-to-one relation between laps and a raw session video, plus an optional one-to-one relation between laps and an overlaid video. LapTimer allows the direct manipulation of all of this relations and it is actually easy to get lost. Understanding the two video states "raw" and "overlaid" as well as parameters of a lap-to-video relation helps a lot mastering this jungle. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
kyoo92
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kyoo92 »

thanks, i will read through it again. unfortunately it is the off season so it will be a while for me to try again, but for now excited that i was able to get it going:

https://youtu.be/0bvNpQC3U54