Video missing in Laps -> Edit -> Video List

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
9000Redline
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Video missing in Laps -> Edit -> Video List

Post by 9000Redline »

Hi,

I'm trying to apply overlay to gopro video I have recorded.

I'm following the youtube video Harry posted on this. I get stuck on the stage where you add video to a lap using
Lap -> Edit -> Add Video

The video I want to use is not displayed on the list but the video is in the Photos app under camera roll. Basically HLT does not 'see' the video for some reason. There are several other videos HLT does see, I'm not sure what is wrong with that particular video. It is a GoPro video I have trimmed to be shorter using Apple Quicktime, the other videos are the same.

What could be the issue here? I've retried restarting HLT several times of course.

I'm using
-HLT Gran Prix Edition v22.1.2
-iPhone 5 running IOS 10.3.3

Thank!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video missing in Laps -> Edit -> Video List

Post by Harry »

Please check if the GoPro video appears in the Photos app in the "Videos" section.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
9000Redline
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by 9000Redline »

Yes, it is displayed both under camera roll and the videos section of the photos app
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer uses an iOS interface and simply requests “all videos”. There is no further filtering. So I assume there is some speciality about the video’s format or some problem with your phone’s media library. Two options: 1) try to use a different video format (resolution / frame rate) or 2) copy the video directly into LapTimer‘s sandbox using iTunes File Sharing.

I do not see I can do anything besides this currently. You may want to join one of the upcoming alpha / beta programs (Harry‘s Biker end of this year and LapTimer next Spring). Alpha and beta versions allow detailed debugging.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
9000Redline
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by 9000Redline »

Thanks for the suggestions Harry.

I wasn't aware of the iTunes File Sharing option. I saw it on iTunes but never knew how it works. Do I just dran and drop a video file into iTunes? You don't happen to have docs written with some pictures that show this, do you? I'm not particularly in love with iTunes so know little about the workflows in it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Connect the iPhone to iTunes and select it. In the left navigation bar, you will see „File Sharing“. Select it and select LapTimer afterwards. You can drop videos into the LapTimer documents folder afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
9000Redline
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by 9000Redline »

Will post back how it goes, won't be before the week end though. Thanks again for the help
9000Redline
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by 9000Redline »

Quick update here - I redid my iPhone sync and for some reason this time the gopro video I recorded did appear in the HLT Video list. I chose the video, chose the end point, chose to sync all laps and exported with overlay.
Everything seemed to work OK. :)