Kiwi3 OBD dropping data during recording?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
LIGISTX
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Kiwi3 OBD dropping data during recording?

Post by LIGISTX »

Harry wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:37 pm The second settings is always a good idea to set. Only in case you miss some channels after restricting ECUs (to ECM), one should use ALL.
In case you still get drop outs, please create a log as described in the FAQ (Debugging OBD Connections).

- Harry
I tried changing this to ECM and it looks like I didn't get my throttle or brake pedal position data. I have MPH (and I had water temp and RPM while I was driving) but in the video I don't see pedal position. Is that what you mean by "Only in case you miss some channels after restricting ECUs (to ECM), one should use ALL."? If so, I will try changing that back to ALL (unless you have other advice), and will try Adaptive timing instead of optimized, and as someone else suggested try "disable parallel requests" as well.

Do you think this is a good plan?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please change to ALL and check if you get throttle. In case you do, you need to stay in ALL position. In case it is the same, please try the other throttle PIDs listed in Expert Settings / OBD Tweaks. Position D is often better than the standard PID.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Redsled83
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Redsled83 »

Hi, good info. Similar but now cant connect BT. Kiwi 3, 2015 991 Porsche, iPhone 7+, and HLT 23.0.11. Had several laps connect and capture some Telemetry with Video. Now, not sure why, BT just blinks and no connection to HLT sorry to report. Reviewing documentation and searching the forum.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Some connection issue. In case you have more BT devices around, turn them off. Or you have some other OBD app running in background? Or simply try by rebooting the phone and unplug / plug the Kiwi.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image