problem #2: still processing video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
gshopper
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

problem #2: still processing video

Post by gshopper »

So I manually took a video of the run. I hit the start button on the video screen and drove for about 20 minutes. Then hit the stop button. The app displayed a message saying "Video recorded is passed to photo app..." That was four hours ago. It's still trying to process the video. Or maybe it is hung up with a bug. I'm letting it run on the chance that it's just slow; I can let it go all night if I need to.

I don't want to restart the program or the phone, because it took a video of one of the best sessions I had. I don't want to lose the video.

Any suggestions? P.S. I have 64 gigs of memory, with over 35 gigs free.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem #2: still processing video

Post by Harry »

That has been redesign with version 15 - available this Thursday. To get rid of the message covering the whole screen, simply background the app (Home button) and pull it to foreground again. There is a bug in the messaging code keeping the message in foreground if the overlaying process failed. This in turn happens when an SMS or a call is coming in... Try overlaying again afterwards. Finally, please note that 20min overlaying will take approximately 40mins of time. Actually LapTimer has been designed to process shorter videos.

Hope that helps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gshopper
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gshopper »

Thanks for your reply. The problem is not that I can't get rid of the message, but it is still doing the initial processing to create the video without overlays. The overlay process didn't fail; I haven't got that far yet.

Incidentally, I left the phone on overnight to see if it would finish processing the video. After about 14 hours, there were a few videos in the photo library from the session. Probably about 1/3 of the total video time shot. They seem to be chopped into lengths of about 1:50, which is about my lap time. I'm not sure what's happening, but the app might be recognizing the start/finish line (see prob #1).

Still waiting on the rest of the videos.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Sorry, didn't get the situation the first time. On the other hand, what you can do is the same as stated. Before v15, LapTimer requested an immediate transfer of the video recorded into the Photo library. In case this transfer (in which LapTimer is actually not involved as it simply one function in iOS) fails, the message is not removed. I have no idea if iOS is still working in background copying chunks... In case you have not recorded a new video already, you may install iExplorer and check LapTimer's folder for the temporary video file. It should have the ending .mov and be the only .mov file within LapTimer's Documents folder.

LapTimer v15 will be available tomorrow. It will not transfer videos directly any more. Instead, there is a file management implement that allows much better recovery for situations like yours.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image