Laps not recorded when battery low?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Laps not recorded when battery low?

Post by metro2084 »

I got this message about 10% or low battery on my iPhone X in the middle of the session. Since I was in gloves I couldn’t press “ok” so the message stayed on the screen.
When I got back to pits I was amazed that only about half session was recorded. Pretty sad, cuz I set my best time of the day then (as per transponder) but it wasn’t recorded to the LapTimer :/
So, does it really stop recording when you get low battery warning?

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laps not recorded when battery low?

Post by Harry »

The app is inactivated when a system alert is coming up. This is like pushing the app to background. This is the reason a missing power supply is shown as a warning (yellow alert), and the connection is shown in illustration #3 of Quick Reference.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

oh, wow, thanks. Good to know. So there's no way to keep tracking in the background still, right?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not yet. I will probably add this feature for the upcoming Harry‘s Biker app. There are many issues with background recording however, especially video will never work.

Harry
Image Image Image Image