Page 1 of 1

BLE OBD (ELM327) does not work in v22.1.1 but works well in v21.1

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:41 pm
by redeemer
Dear Harry,
My ELM327 BLE OBD does not work properly using v22.1.1 Harry's LapTimer Petrolhead. But it workes well with v21.1 (I only backed up this version of the app).
Using v22.1.1 the obd does not show the refresh rate but in v21.1 it shows from 6 to 10Hz as shown in the figure below (left is v21.1, right is v22.1.1).
v21.1 obd.png
v21.1 obd.png (397.1 KiB) Viewed 186 times
v22.1.1 obd.png
v22.1.1 obd.png (397.79 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Using v22.1.1 in the tab of engine the data is not refreshed and CAN 11 / 500 is displayed in the lower right corner, in v21.1 the lower right corner shows EOBD and refresh rate is OK, in v22.1 the rate is 0Hz (left is v21.1, right is v22.1.1).

I tried to clear all the data, including my vechicle, and even tried to reinstall the app the OBD does not work. But when I tried the v21.1 the OBD works well.

Re: BLE OBD (ELM327) does not work in v22.1.1 but works well in v21.1

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:01 pm
by Harry
This is probably some incompatibility of the adapter used with LapTimer v22's new OBD features. Please try these two changes in Expert Settings:

OBD Tweaks / Adaptive Timing ‣ Enabled (instead of Optimized)
OBD Tweaks / Disable Parallel Requests ‣ Disable (instead of Enabled)

Both settings will slow down update rates, so please try to use only one.

- Harry