Another Database Recovery question...

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
racerman911
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Another Database Recovery question...

Post by racerman911 »

Harry,

This past weekend, I had a great track event at at track I've not been to for 6 years. Late Friday afternoon, I stopped paying attention and as a result, ran out of space on my Iphone 6s recording videos. This crashed the app (and the phone...) In the process of working to resolve the issue I deleted the videos and attempted to restore the most recent backup from the phone. No luck, the app continued to freeze.

After getting back from the track, I have been able to restore from a previous backup (which was vsn 21.x). I also have 70 laps from this weekend in the form of LapTimerGPSRecDB_xxxx.pdb which were available from a partial backup (coping the data from the phone that was collected this weekend and combining with the backup which was made before this weekend). How might I trigger a DB rebuild to read all .pdb files to include into my current database so i can add the .pdb's that were recorded before my recording issue?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Dale.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another Database Recovery question...

Post by Harry »

Individual pdb files cannot be used - they represent nodes in a so called B-Tree. Only full sets of pdb files make a sound and usable database.

In case you have a full set, put these into a directory named like recovery database and place then into LapTimer’s storage are using iTunes / File Sharing. Have a look into it to see the precise naming scheme, they look something like “recovery*”.

Once this has been done, you can try to restore that database using the Database View. Once successful, run a Check Data to test completeness. Export the lap you want to add to .hlptrl and return to your last database (Database / Restore again). Finally, import the laps from the .hlptrl on top of your database.

Harry
Image Image Image Image