Small issues with v22.1

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Small issues with v22.1

Post by Sonertial »

The app is feeling very very accurate and stable apart from the already reported Manual Timing and Video Preview issues. I'll stay away from those subjects until the next release.

In addition to the above, I have a couple of minor quality of life problems with v22.1 since a clean reinstall of the app. Am I missing some parameter setting?

1. Purge of existing overlapping POIs not happening automatically on custom track load.
The Map view loads, but no message suggesting a Purge due to overlapping POIs. Tapping through to Analysis, Lap List generates a warning and red !'s, but you have to tap the conflicting POI set yourself and delete it manually. If you reload an already loaded track again, the check and purge works.
(This was actually the behaviour all through v21 too, auto purge started working again in V22 beta up until ~V22.04 + iOS12).

2. Emailing functions not auto-filling the address. I have put my email address in Groups->More->IDENTITY, E-mail. It's also set in Expert Settings->User. I may be missing another location. This did work before the reinstall.

3. Requesting higher resolution for the Sensor timing parameters. With an XGPS160 and 60fps, I can easily get Start/Finish/Split Trigger crossings accurate to the frame, i.e 1/60 sec with very good repeatability, within a few decimetres. At high speeds the GPS sensor delay resolution limit of 0.1 secs is a bit limiting for detail fetishists. Accuracy vs Precision vs Repeatability.

None of these are a priority over the functional issues.
I have checked (quite thoroughly) for sensor timing differences between the storage rate settings. It looks very good, I can not see any differences in GPS, OBD, Accelerometer sensor delays or timing that are not due to GPS drift. An interesting effect though, is that the different Storage rates result in different reported track distance. This is a very linear effect and is not due to GPS drift. I don't consider it a problem, just an interestingly repeatable observation when integrating distance covered. It might be worth noting if comparing between data sets recorded at different rates.
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Small issues with v22.1

Post by Sonertial »

Sonertial wrote:The app is feeling very very accurate and stable apart from the already reported Manual Timing and Video Preview issues. I'll stay away from those subjects until the next release.
... Aaaand literally 1 hour after posting this, a lap failed to stop trigger. A GPS glitch earlier in the lap (under a bridge) seems to have killed it. Sorry I jinxed it.