iOS video/gps data out of sync

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
charlieaf92
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iOS video/gps data out of sync

Post by charlieaf92 »

Greetings

I just attended my first DE this past weekend and attempted to use the lap timer to capture the event. Unfortunately, I had moderate to poor success. I did manage to get one complete session recorded, but the on screen overlay (GPS, Accelerometer info) was off sync from the video by about 5-6 seconds. IE: in the corner after the back straight speed was still climbing.

I was using an iPhone X and no external input sources.

Is there a way to manually set keyframes to the overlay data to get things in sync?

The app is absolutely incredible - just awesome. BUT the user interface and flow is pretty hard for a first time user to understand. I think I figured it out - after a few failed session recordings - but it still wouldn't record after passing the start line for the rest of the weekend. The yellow ! was on the video overlay saying that calibration was needed and after the first hard stop it would be fine - but it never was, even after driving 8 hot laps. Clearly when I'm actually on the track I can't pay attention to the app or messages, so it was always a huge let down to come into the pit and find that it hadn't been recording.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Charlie
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS video/gps data out of sync

Post by Harry »

Please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4940

- Harry
Image Image Image Image