New session commenced in pits and therefore only 1 lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
HSV Guy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

New session commenced in pits and therefore only 1 lap

Post by HSV Guy »

I was at the track this morning and had HLT setup to record the session. I got it ready to go and I noticed that it started the session while I was still in the pits which I didn't think anything of at the time. However, once I finished and looked at HLT it had recorded one 36 minute lap. I suspect it marked my position in the pits as being the start finish line and as I didn't go past that point again it didn't correctly split the laps.

As it has recorded the full 36 minutes I'm hoping someone can tell me there is a way to change the start/finish line and then have HLT reprocess the data?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New session commenced in pits and therefore only 1 lap

Post by Harry »

It is well possible a trigger positioned on the start / finish straight is caught while driving though the pits area. This will not harm other recordings but just add an initial "lap" on top. The problem you are facing with the 36 minutes recording can have several reasons. Some of them are: wrong / no track set loaded, track driven in other direction (compared to track set), bad GPS accuracy. See viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2 for more information.

How to recover your laps:
  • Reload the track set from Administration ‣ Add-ons. In case LapTimer reports an issue, confirm you want the conflicting track set to be purged.
  • Goto Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Trigger Detection and enlarge the "Wide Corridor" beyond 40m (e.g. 100m). In addition, set "Deviation Directed Triggers beyond 60 degrees (e.g. 80 degrees).
  • Select your multi-lap recording from Analyze ‣ Lap List and press Recalculate ‣ Verify Lap.
  • Once the lap is split, return to Expert Settings and set values changed back to defaults.
  • In case this doesn't work, I assume the GPS data recorded is too inaccurate to be used.
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
HSV Guy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by HSV Guy »

Thanks for the reply Harry - I went through your suggested steps and it split it into 3 laps (0sec, 30sec and 62sec). Looking at my GoPro recording, which only last about 2 minutes (it wasn't a good session on the technology side), I think the issue is likely due to a message that popped up (see below). At the time I thought the message was from another app, but given the GPS data shown for the first/only lap seems to drop out at the same time/point this message was displayed I suspect the message was actually from HLT. Would this be logged anywhere so I can bring it up again to see what it actually said. I also noticed that under the details for the lap it says the recording is incomplete.
message.PNG
message.PNG (29.41 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Too small, I can't see what it shows. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image